Friday, May 17, 2013

Adam Banton Blog : May 2013

Hi Everyone, Hope you all have been able to ride and get out side like I have. What have I done? Well, went camping up in Sedona for a weekend, hit up a natural spring and lived off that for 2 days, delish water. Knowing how hot its going to get next month here in AZ, I have been trying to enjoy the cooler 100F days before it's un bearable and stuck to night sessions only. It's been really good as of late. I was offered to do some school shows in New Mexico for 2 days, so I brushed off the ol' show trick list and hopped in the truck. It was actually alot of fun, saw tons of cool mountain scenery and even rode a rad park at 7 A.M in a high elevation town called Los alamos. Super cool. I made a day trip down to Tucson yesterday and rode Premises skatepark, new lay is super fun and it felt awesome to ride wood ramps instead of cement. I need to make it down more often. My friend who tracked drums on my new, SOON to be released record teaches music business at the local community college, and ask if I would give a lecture about self promoting and give some insight to social media marketing yourself. Of course I said yes, got paid and everything. But the best part of this was it is also the same campus I always get kicked out of for riding on the weekends, hahah. Never would I have thought I would be a guest speaker. I am also getting more and more obsessed with vintage guitar gear, mostly reading and researching. But I'm gonna make a move on something soon! New album is getting mixed in Norway (yes, Norway, its a long story) at the end of this month then on to Mastering! Super excited to share it with everyone. Cheers.

Adam Banton




Adam wears the S1 Lifer Helmet