Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brian Yeagle Interview

BRIAN YEAGLE
Age: 31
So what have you been up to?  This winter has been mild enough that we've been able to work on the trails between days of rain and the few really cold ones.  Much time has been given to books; buying, salvaging from bookstore dumpsters, and reading them. The latest author I've been introduced to is Soren Kierkegaard, a Danish Christian philosopher who wrote during the first half of the 17th century.  Achieving some clarity of meaning in some passages, and of the whole, is frequently challenging but this struggle has it's benefits and having to reread the text is a pleasure since I enjoy the (translated) text from it's surface to whatever depth I may achieve.  This winter my girlfriend Ann and I have been taking advantage of a local school of music, going to student recitals and some well priced orchestral performances.  
You went to Austin recently. How was that ?  For three weeks in January I was in Austin, as it so happens I am actually there now, half way through my second three week sojourn. Weather has been more capricious than expected. Twice heavy rains caused much damage to the trails. Even with implementing  sandbags and tarps erosion is still inevitable and a good deal of maintenance necessary.  When the trails are running their a blast as well as some cement parks close to the city. Coming here is great since it affords seeing some close friends who live here and with many other transients spending winter time here i often get to meet a few new people each visit. 
Who do you ride with?  At home riding puts me in the company of Ryan Popple, Mark Potoczny, Chris Doyle, Ryan Wert, and Tom Arkus.
 What do you like to do when you're not riding?  Reading, cooking, photography, and one recent addition to the program is learning French. As many of the texts I read are translations it is difficult not to often think of what is lost, on many levels, not reading the original text. The concern extends from meaning to being unable to 'hear' the text as the author did. Also, of all the places that I've travelled I felt the most trapped outside the potential experience while in France not having the ability to join in with, introduce myself, or to simply listen and understand those around me. 
Any trips planned ?  Maybe a trip through the southwest, north along the coast and then remain in the northwest for a weeks or two. This would be done with Clint Reynolds, Matty Aquizap, Jim Nutter and maybe some more guys from Team Credence.  I hope we are all able to get on board, the more our lives become refined as individuals it seems more difficult to organize trips with others, there is much to appreciate in these opportunities and I am always eager to get involved. 
Sponsors:  Verde Bikes, Sun Rims, Tree Bikes, S-One Helmets and many others are generous in helping out without obligation, much thanks. 
Anything else you want to add?  Looking forward to the warm season for more freedom In attire and activity